BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Excited!!!

I'm stoked to be starting this blog! I was going to just continue using my Xanga (i'll post a link later) and it's been years since I've posted anything in that one. However, I was reading through it today and realized how much CRAP I wrote in that blog and you could clearly see the immaturity at that age. I figured I'd just start fresh and post something right here, right now.

it's 2:30am right now. I've had a lot on my mind today so I've found it difficult to stop my mind from spinning. The thing that has weighed on my mind the most has been school, and the many things I want to accomplish. Here is a list of the things I would like to accomplish.

-Become a R.N.
-Play Piano
-Play guitar
-Learn to decorate cakes. (I LOVE baking!)
-Take a photography class and spend more time with that hobby.
-Travel! I want to see the world! More specifically I'd like to see all of Europe!
-Brush up on my German skills
-Take Spanish classes so I can learn the language properly.
-Learn to speak Portuguese, Italian and French. I really love language!
-Write at least one song on my own...the music and lyrics both!

I'm sure I could keep going but these are the things that are on my mind tonight! I have a lot of ambitions at this point. Sometimes when there are a lot of things you want to do, accomplishing them all can be such a daunting task that we procrastinate and don't do anything at all. You have to prioritize and start with one thing and work your way down the list. It takes time but once you accomplish those things you'll be empowered to do so much more! I would say becoming a nurse definitley takes precedence above all the other things on the list. I think it would be wise to get my career moving.

I've been a little torn lately as I've been unsure of which career path to take. I've kind of fallen into social work with my current job and I absoloutley love it. I can see myself doing it as a career and I know it would be easy for me. However, the occupational outlook is much bleaker than it is for nurses. The salary isn't as good either. When I was in high school and even up until a couple of years ago I truly had a desire to be a nurse. I ended up shying away from that goal because I was afraid I would fail. So I chose social work as a major because I knew it would be easy for me. It was safe. But there isn't any growth in comfort. Lately I've come to learn that sometimes we need to take a chance and not be afraid of failiure. I talked to my mom about it today and she said something along the lines of
"You haven't failed until you've failed to try."
It's so true! I hadn't thought of it like that. I really want to do this. I don't want to give up on my goals and aspirations anymore. Life is too short to sit around and be afraid of living it. Just get out there, give it your best and be happy with the outcome no matter what it is! That's all for now. I'm excited to be blogging again!

-Joycie

-

0 comments: