BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Best day of my life so far!!!

Some of you know my family dynamics, and for those of you who don't, here is a quick rundown...
My dad cheated on his wife with my mom and they had me. My dad and his wife stayed together and they have a son who's about 15 years older than I am. He is married and they have a child of their own. Her name is Ena. My bro (Jerry) and I have never been close. I've kept in contact with his wife Julia over the last year and about two months ago we talked about meeting up and going somewhere to get to know one another and so i can get to know my 2-year-old niece.

On Wednesday she called and said that she really wanted to meet up with me so we decided to look at our calendars and get back to each other about which days would be good. I called her back on thursday and she said that they were going to Sea World the following day and that they'd like me to come...SO I DID!!! This may not be a big deal for a lot of people but it is for me. All my life it's just been me and my mom and that's been enough for me. However there were times I felt that missing link with other members of my family. Jerry is my closest blood-related sibling. When I found out they had a baby I wanted nothing more than to meet her. After all, this is my dad's grandchild. Julia had sent me pictures of Ena before and she looked a lot like I did when I was a kid. She looks like her dad, and my brother and I both look a lot like our father.

We saw the dolphins, Shamu, sharks, the penguins, and Sea Otters. She seems fascinated by animals! Her speech is very clear for such a young child and she's very aware of her surroundings. i honestly fell in love that with kid when I laid eyes on her. To me she is the most beautiful kid I've seen and my heart just swelled with joy. I know it sounds cheesy! haha But when she'd ask me to hold her, or she would hug me, I just melted! I've always known I want kids someday but I didn't really feel passionately about it. After spending time with Ena playing, wrestling around, talking, and just seeing what it is to love a kid like that, I feel a lot more passionate about having children of my own when the time is right.

I can't wait to see her again. I might have some pictures up as soon as i get them developed. I left my SD card for my camera at home so I had to buy a disposable camera :(

0 comments: