BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 7, 2008

Sunday bloginocity...



Today was an amazing day at church! Bishop Petersen bore his testimony and he quoted a General Authority...I don't remember which one. But he posed the question: "Are you active in the church? Or are you active in the gospel?" I think it really got a lot of people thinking. So many of us go through the motions but it's like we're on autopilot. We do things like robots without our hearts and minds truly being engaged in the gospel.
I think one thing I need to learn to go is to let people serve me. Being on these stinkin' crutches really sucks. It was fun maybe the first day. But now it's a pain in the butt because it makes a lot of menial tasks a little more challenging. Like for example, just carrying my plate of food from the serving area to the table. I get really stubborn and I want to do everything on my own because I don't want to become a burden to others, however, when people offer to help I should probably let them. If you don't allow a willing person to serve you, you're denying them the blessings of serving others. I guess I'll just have to swallow my pride and suck it up.

0 comments: