BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 4, 2008

dinner dates...

I have a date tomorrow night with a person who'd name shall remain anonymous. We're going out to dinner and it got me thinking...
I really don't enjoy dinner dates. If anything I'm down for dessert or some fro yo (fro yo deserves it's own category)
Dinner dates are awkward...at least on the first date. You sit across from each other forced to make conversation for about an hour and a half or so. If you're lucky, you and your date really click so the convo comes naturally. But either way...you're sitting across from each other stuffing your faces as you regurgitate random information about yourself, trying to make yourself seem interesting enough to pursue further while still maintaining an attractive facade. Whew....talk about pressure. Have you watched people eat? Have you watched yourself eat? Next time you eat, try putting a mirror in front of you. You'll quickly find that you'll lose your appetite. Not so pretty once you stop and look, huh? Not so pretty once you stop and smell the roses, eh?

I'm sorry if I sound cynical or if I'm promoting poor self esteem. This all dates back to last April. I had a sit-down dinner for my first date with this guy. He said something funny and as I laughed, a grain of rice was expelled from somewhere in my pie hole. Lo and behold it flew across the table and landed next to him. Thankfully, it didn't land in his food. Needless to say...
I.WAS.MORTIFIED!
I'm sure he could sense my embarassment so he didn't say anything even though I knew he saw it. I watched his eyes follow the flying rice across the table. Anywho...I'm going out to dinner with a nice fella tomorrow. I'll make sure to steer clear from the rice.

Until next time...take care of yourself...and each other.

exOH,
Jo

3 comments:

Meridth McKean Gimbel said...

hehehe! I think salad and spaghetti are the worst foods!

Jonathan said...

hahaha... flying rice. If that were my date, I would bust up laughing. Hope the date went well!

Snubbs the White Rabbit said...

Very funny stuff. Was Denny's fun? I can't remember what you told me. By the way, I was stoked to see you had some old Saves the Day songs on your player. At your funeral is such a good song! Also, shoulder the wheel? I could swear I was the only one in the world that still knew about Through Being Cool. Glad to see you are a fan as well. Keep rockin.